Weldon “Beau” Nixon
Whether it is trying cases to a jury or an arbitration panel, Beau is an aggressive no-nonsense litigator that fights for his clients to achieve real results.
Beau was born and raised in McAllen, Texas, and graduated from McAllen High School. The Nixon family has called Hidalgo County their home for over four generations. After serving honorably on active duty in the United States Marine Corps, Beau returned home to Hidalgo County to practice law and raise his family. Beau’s military service prepared him for a career as a civil litigator. His ability to perform in stressful situations provides a sense of calm assurance to the sometimes chaotic nature involved in litigation.
Recognized as a Top-Rated Lawyer in Texas, Beau has successfully represented clients in complex litigation cases all around Texas netting his clients millions of dollars. Beau has obtained hundreds of judgments in his career and aggressively collects real money for his clients. Beau represents companies, banks, hospitals, and individuals alike in commercial and business disputes, and has a track record for successfully litigating complex litigation cases when millions of dollars in damages are at stake.
Beau represents businesses in negotiating contracts, corporate governance litigation, operations issues, rights and responsibilities of corporate directors and officers, and employment related issues. Beau has extensive experience representing financial institutions in state and federal litigation, as well as in FINRA and arbitration proceedings.
Beau also handles catastrophic personal injury and death cases, oftentimes involving claims in the millions of dollars.
Beau concentrates on representing clients in disputes involving commercial litigation, business litigation, contract litigation, fiduciary litigation, real estate litigation, premises liability, partnership or business entity litigation, banking litigation, lender liability litigation, creditors’ rights/collections, foreclosure litigation, employment law, bankruptcy litigation and personal injury law.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas
Honors: Dean’s List, Board of Barristers, The Texas Bank Lawyer
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Texas-Pan American
Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Dean’s List
Honors and Awards
- Texas Rising Stars, Super Lawyers Thomson Reuters, Legal Division, 2014-2019
- Top Rated Lawyers in Texas, 2022
- Lawyers of Distinction, Civil Litigation, 2020-2021
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, 9th Communication Battalion, I Marine Expeditionary Force, 2001
- Marine of the Quarter, 9th Communication Battalion, I Marine Expeditionary Force, 2000
- Certificate of Commendation, 9th Communication Battalion, I Marine Expeditionary Force, 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section, Member
- Hidalgo County Bar Association
- Hidalgo County Young Lawyers Association, Director, 2011 – 2013
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- United States Marine Corps Veteran
- Successfully defended a national financial institution in federal court against a multimillion-dollar qui tam action alleging False Claims Act violations.
- Successfully represented the estate of an oil field worker and his spouse in a wrongful death case against a major oil field company and multiple service companies where client suffered server burns and ultimately died due to an explosion at a well site.
- Successfully represented a hospital in a partnership dispute obtaining a favorable Arbitration Award and recovered attorney’s fees.
- Successfully defended a national financial institution in Hidalgo County District Court by obtaining a contested summary judgment disposing of multimillion-dollar claims for wrongful foreclosure, breach of fiduciary duty, and common and statutory fraud.
- Successfully represented a local professional sports team in a breach of contract dispute in federal court.
- Successfully negotiated disputes and contracts with professional sports leagues on behalf of local professional sports teams.
- Successfully represented a personal injury client who suffered catastrophic injuries after being involved in a commercial bus collision.