Weldon G. “Beau” Nixon
Beau Nixon is an aggressive litigator with extensive courtroom experience. His practice focuses primarily on representing both plaintiffs and defendants in complex civil litigation including: business disputes, commercial and banking litigation, personal injury, lender liability, business/partnership disputes, creditors’ rights/collections, foreclosures and bankruptcy. He has successfully litigated a broad range of complex civil litigation cases in courts all across South Texas.
Beau’s representation of his clients has earned him recognition in the annual Texas Rising Stars listing from the publishers of Super Lawyers, a designation limited to the top 2.5 percent of eligible attorneys.
Beau is a United States Marine Corps veteran who served honorably on active duty from 1997-2001. In recognition of his honorable service to our country, Beau is the recipient of the distinguished Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, certificates of commendation, and was honored as his Battalion’s Marine of the Quarter. Beau’s military service prepared him for a career as a civil litigator. His ability to perform in stressful situations provides a sense of calm assurance to the sometimes chaotic nature involved in litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas
Honors: Dean’s List, Board of Barristers
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Texas-Pan American
Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Dean’s List
Honors and Awards
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, Legal Division, 2014, 2015 and 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Hidalgo County Bar Association
- Cameron County Bar Association
- Hidalgo County Young Lawyers Association, Director, 2011 – 2013
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel