Tracy A. Spillman
Tracy A. Spillman moved to the Rio Grande Valley in January of 2003, when she began working with former Justice Federico Hinojosa of the Thirteenth Court of Appeals as his Senior Attorney. While with the court of appeals, Tracy performed extensive research and drafted memoranda on numerous appeals and original proceedings. Tracy joined the firm of Kittleman Thomas, PLLC as an associate in January of 2007, where her practice focuses primarily on civil appeals and litigation support.
Tracy obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in History from Louisiana State University in 1992, and received her law degree from Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University in 1997. After a year of working with a solo practitioner, specializing in labor and employment law, Tracy went to work for the Family Court of East Baton Rouge Parish in 1998, as a research attorney for Judge Jennifer Luse, where she remained until she moved to the Rio Grande Valley in 2003.
Tracy is licensed to practice law in the States of Texas, Louisiana and Colorado, as well as the United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Civil Appeals
- Litigation Support
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Louisiana, 1997
- Texas, 2003
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1997
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1998
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
J.D. – 1997
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge
B.A. – 1992
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Baton Rouge Association of Women Attorneys, Secretary, 2002 – 2003
Past Employment Positions
- Thirteenth Court of Appeals, Texas, Senior Attorney to Justice Federico Hinojosa, 2003 – 2006
- Family Court of East Baton Rouge Parish, Research Attorney, 1998 – 2003